nav2

Hit or Miss? Lash multiplying Mascara - Maybelline.


 I've never been one for a mascara, in fact it's my most hated cosmetic product and if I could look healthy without it then I wouldn't wear it. Unfortunately that's not the case and the 3 for 2 offer in Boots washed over me like a plague, stressed and sweating at closing time only holding two products, I decided I would put this mascaras twitter reputation to the test!



  It's been all over twitter the past week, a few friends of mine have tried it and absolutely swear by it. 'It's the best mascara I've ever tried! 'they exclaimed.' It's completely changed my life ' cried another and with those stagnant comments flirting with my wages, I payed for it and comforted myself with the hopes that Maybelline Lash sensational mascara wouldn't be a mascara like the rest.


      Practicing my birthday makeup look, I gave it a whirl. First impressions had me excited, I loved the shape of this brush and was instantly reminded of Benefits new roller lash brush. The dip and curve style for ultimate control and curl of the lashes, only, this one is what Maybelline like to call a layer reveal brush. This brush apparently has inner bristles to capture and coat all of your smaller lashes and the new formula has a low wax count so to make your lashes extra black and defined. Maybelline also claim that this mascara is buildable, layers can be added to layers to create the darkest eye possible without any clumps. Packaging claims this is a lash multiplying mascara, we shall see about that!

WITHOUT MASCARA.
WITH  MAYBELLINE LASH SENSATIONAL MASCARA.
 
      Maybelline Lash Sensational is no different to any other mascara that I have tried, I did not love it as much as my friends and I struggled to even like it. It certainly did not change my life or the amount of lashes my eyelids hold, I didn't find that my lashes had multiplied after wearing or whilst wearing, so I have learnt to not take everything on packaging so literal.
 
    As far as clumping goes with this mascara, I felt like it coated my eyelashes so thickly that they stuck together and i won first prize in a Twiggy look alike contest. The brush has so many bristles that it picks up an insane amount of product, it doesn't define lashes or separate and coat them evenly. I am very disappointed with this product, my eyelashes had hooks and blobs of product at the end as you can tell and overall it made my makeup look messy.
 

 
 
It can't all be bad for the Maybelline sensational Lash mascara though can it? The style of brush really did give a curl to my otherwise ruler straight lashes. It curled them a little but the packaging and advertisements failed to claim that this mascara would do that, maybe if they advertised it as a curling mascara instead of volume and defining, then i would love this product a bit more?
   My lashes were just as black as they are when i have used any other mascara, the only way they were blacker is when they clumped together.
 
Overall, you can probably tell that I'm not a fan of this mascara. In my opinion it does nothing that it says on the packaging and I have tried better.
 
What do you all see in this? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and if it changed your life or gave you lashes like Kim K then please let me know!



1 comment :

  1. I'm the same about mascara, I hate how heavy and dry they can make my eyelashes feel. I prefer to go without if I possibly can by just wearing vaseline on them but that's when I'm not leaving the house. This was a great post, love the comparisons. The curl looked great, have you tried Benefit Roller Lash? It really is amazing compared to this one! Rebecca | Rebecca Marie: UK Lifestyle xx

    ReplyDelete