nav2

If i went to Coachella Festival

www.musicfestivalnews.net

         Every year, Coachella comes around and I'm hella upset that I don't have to funds to fly my arse out for the party. I'd love nothing more than a cold beverage while drake raps sweet, love sick lullaby's in my ear and Leonardo Dicaprio dances behind me in a disguise and shorts. A summer sun kissed glow straight from the Californian sun and a reason to dress in crochet head to toe, Coachella is on every hedonists bucket list. I mean who wouldn't ever want to be a part of that?

 I've been feeling really inspired lately in the fashion department, as I always am when festival time comes around. Most people do festivals in style, have perfectly manicured hands and a pair of shoes for every day. Whereas me, I just turn up with every luggage space stuffed to the brim with bottles of Bacardi, a tent stolen from B&M bargains with a hole in it and a pair of Primark wellies. I lust over the effort some people go too and I decided I would create some outfits that I would wear to Coachella if I ever went, inspired by my favourite Coachella queens. Everything I have used is linked below so you can purchase if you wish to do so! I had so much fun doing this.




 
Mila Paisley Scarf Print Wide Leg Trousers £18 - Boohoo
Jacquard Bardot top £19 - Miss Selfridge
Metal Buckle sandles £27 - LUCLUC
Penn Fringe bucket bag £14 - Cottonon
Olivia Gold Tone collar necklace £20 - Guess
Beaded wrap bangle pack £6.85 - Miss selfridge
Wide Brim floppy hat £14 - CharlotteRusse

      The outfit above was very much inspired by the queen of Coachella fashion ( in my eyes ) Vanessa Hudgens. Vanessa steps out every year looking like she's fallen into a Chester draws in the back room of a charity shop and simultaneously winning crown for best dressed. Crochet everything, 70's statement pieces, hippie, boho, Vanessa can work it with little effort and manages to look the fairest of festivals. The paisley printed trousers I thought were very 70's, the colours reminded me of the jumpers and shirts with insane collars that Ashton Kutcher wore in that 70's show. Prints like this always come out when festivals are set to start and they're one of the seasonal fashion statements that I love every year. I'm actually quite sad that Vanessa won't be attending Coachella this year, means no 2015 Coachella outfits.



 Striped sun dress £30 - Asos
Flatform peep toe sandals £11 - Amazon
Purple iridescent metal clutch £13 - newlook
Amen earings £28 - Nylon.com
Carly heart framed ombre sunglasses £9 - 80spurple.com
Obsessive compulsive cosmetics matte lip tar in rollergirl £12 - OCC.com

     Rihanna, the punchy, sharp, structured statement looks that Rihanna opts for are something of my dreams. I saw her recent pictures of Coachella 2015 and that purple lip she donned was so fabulous I almost weed, loving the electric purples she chose this year. That fur coat and them neon boots got me running to my nearest cyber dog and begging to root through their back stock, I was swooning at my Instagram feed. I was so inspired by her purple lip that I created this whole look around that purple, it's such a pop of colour, fun and quirky. Perfect for summer time festival fun!

 Cheap Monday over my dead body morgan tank £25 - Cheap Monday
Punk River high waist denim shorts £16 - Chicnova.com
High Top platform creepers £24 - Etsy
Anni Jurgenson Deep Blue Dangle feather ear cuff £33 - Brazilianbikinishop
Black fringe belt purse £20 - river island
Lolita 60's framed glasses £17 - topshop
Lipsurgence matte lip tint £16 - tarte cosmetics

      I think the chunky nude lipstick slap bang in the middle of this outfit creation is a big giveaway as to who inspired this look. Kylie Jenner on my radar ever since her lips got their own postcode, honestly I can say I hadn't even heard of her till they exploded. The only thing more shocking than Kylie's appearance this year is Madonna kissing drake, I can also say that I'm not a fan of her 2015 Coachella looks so far, I think she needs to retire the mermaid coloured locks early and stick to being brunette! I felt inspired looking through Kylies old Coachella wardrobe, the band t's and copious studs look like her outfits could have come form my own closet if I had any money.
   The flatform creepers in the outfit above are something I think I might actually purchase for myself and the studded shorts will never go out of fashion in festival season. A ' bum bag ' was all the rage last year, every drunken at the bottom of blue camp at Leeds fest donned one of these, myself include. What better way to incorporate one into this years festival wardrobe than to find one with fringing? Hell yeah!

1 comment :

  1. I would LOVE to wear that third outfit for download <333 Looks fab! :) Lovely post idea :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete